Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hi.  My name is Tyler and I have dyslexia.  I am 12 years old and this is my first time to blog.  The reason the spelling is good is because I am using a scribe (AKA, my mom, Lisa) to type what I want to say.  I'm trying to help more people understand about the learning disability known as dyslexia.  

I'm dyslexic as you already know from above.  I will use pictures to get across what I'm trying to explain with my writing.  I went through kindergarten-4th grade dealing with dyslexia, but in the 5th grade I started to have more trouble keeping up with the rest of the class, so I was homeschooled part of that year.  I tried middle school, but after one nine weeks, knew that wasn't going to work out well.  So I'm back to homeschooling.  


Some people (and sometimes me) see words on a page like this.  The way I see things changes all the time.


For this one you will have to view the original at this link:  https://henryflint.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/my-dyslexia/ .  You might just see scribbles but I see words.  Can you find them too?  Please comment if you can.


This might just look like a mix of letters and numbers, with some words, but if you can read what it says, you'll see how some people like me see all print the same.

Please follow my blog for more.  I hope to update several times a week.

Thanks for reading,

Tyler 




5 comments:

  1. Your one post has given me so much insight into what my boys are going through. We look forward to any future posts from you. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So from the examples above which one is most like your experience when reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little of each. Mostly like the third section of the yellow pics. Glad I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Scarlett and I have dyslexia i am doing a presentation on learning difficulty i was just wondering if i could use your pictures.

    ReplyDelete